Friday, March 23, 2012

Fantasmic Friday - Murphy's Rage

Happy Friday!


I remember seeing this show for the first time back when it first debuted in 1992.  It was so cool to me then as a kid and it's just gotten better over the years!  I am a big fan of the show and try to see it at least once each trip to Disneyland!


A newer member of the show is the Maleficent dragon fondly known as Murphy (Murphy's Law: What can go wrong WILL go wrong).  Replacing the older "Bucky" dragon, the new dragon stands around 45 feet tall, breathes fire, and moves!  She's an impressive sight to see in person, especially when she breathes fire!  The heat and brightness of the fire seems to push you back a step and is incredible!  I've made it a goal of mine to try and get the "perfect" picture of her breathing fire and I do think I've gotten close!  Here's the photo I think is one of the three best I've taken so far:





A Villain's Rage




If you watch close, Murphy's eyes change color and expression throughout her part in the show!  It's a neat little detail that I really love and I urge you to look a little closer the next time you watch the show so you can see it.  The lighting and effects of the show add to how cool Murphy looks, especially with the fiery colors on her.





Murphy's Glare



Hope you enjoyed today's Fantasmic Friday post and enjoy your weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment