Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Star Tours: The Leader in Galactic Sightseeing

No visit to Disneyland is complete without at least one trip to a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away!  That's right, I'm talking about Star Tours!


I have always loved Star Tours and make a point to ride it lots of times when I am in Disneyland!  I do quite miss the old version of the ride (RIP Captain Rex) but the new Star Tours is also FANTASTIC!  I've had the privilege to see all the different destinations and have had to date 16 different trips aboard a Starspeeder 1000!




Star Tours: The Leader in Galactic Sightseeing!



This photo was completely unexpected!  I went to take a shot of the Star Tours sign and was expecting silver, but the neon from Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters reflected off the sign and I came out with this!  Looks really cool to me and I couldn't be happier with the result!  I took this photo this past November on my first evening in the park.  I had tried to get this photo in July when I was at Disneyland but it was so busy around Star Tours I wan't able to stand in one place and get this photo without getting run into by the mobs of people.


Next up is a photo from this past summer!  I thought it was pretty cool that they had (and I believe still have) Stormtroopers patrolling the Star Tours line and surrounding area!  I took this opportunity to snap a picture of one of the Stormtroopers checking passengers as they went to their loading gates!  I'm not sure he was too happy with me getting pics of him, though! LOL




Star Tours Storm Trooper



Last up for today is a picture of my favorite Star Tours character, R2-D2!  I think he's adorable and I love how brave and funny he is! :)  I even bought myself one of the toys that they currently sell at Disneyland of R2-D2!  It lights up, his head spins around, and he makes his signature woooooo squeal!  It literally is the coolest toy ever and I have no shame in saying I walked around Disneyland for an entire night playing with it! LOL  As you all probably know, R2-D2 has always been in the main Star Tours queue room working on servicing the Starspeeder with C-3PO.  This is a picture of just that!  I even went for the "artsy" angle for the photograph.  Hope you enjoy!




Starspeeder 1000



As a final thought for this post:
May the force be with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment