Friday, April 13, 2012

Fantasyland Friday!

Per the request of some followers of Pics from the Pixie, this Friday's post will feature Fantasyland Friday!  So please, do remain seated with your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside and enjoy your ride! :)


We start today at the front of Fantasyland and the gateway to the rest of the land, Sleeping Beauty Castle! This particular photo I took this past November which is why it's decked out in it's Christmastime snow!  I love taking pictures of the castle from the side rather than straight on!  To me it changes the shot -just- enough to make it special! :)




Winter at the Castle



Next was a picture I took next to Snow White's Wishing Well next to the castle.  I was there at that beautiful time of day where the sun is perfectly situated to light up the flags that are on the castle.  The light breeze that day added to my picture since it twisted the flag around nicely!




Twist in the Breeze



Our next stop on our tour of Fantasyland is back in Storybookland!  At the beginning of the Storybookland Canal Boats ride, you get "swallowed" by the mighty Monstro!  Just try not to bump into his teeth!




Beware of Monstro



Also in Storybookland is the Casey Jr. Circus Train!  One of the views that is my favorite from this little train is where you have both the miniature Alps and the Matterhorn all in one look!  I think the big and little Matterhorns together are so cute!  I managed to get a picture of this the last time I was at Disneyland and you can see it here!  The day I took this picture it was extremely cloudy and rainy the whole day, hence the cloudy sky in the shot.




The Snowy Mountains



We move next to King Arthur's Carrousel in the middle of Fantasyland!  This lovely Carrousel has been at Disneyland since opening day and is a must-ride stop for me each time I go to Disneyland.  I took this picture of the pretty gold crown that sits atop the carrousel on a nice sunny day in the park and I hope you enjoy it!




Carrousel Topper



Another fun Fantasyland ride is Snow White's Scary Adventures!  Ever since I was little I've had the attraction poster for this ride framed and hung up in my room.  The front of the ride to me is very striking and I love to take pictures of it!  The first picture is an interesting angle at the front of the building.  The second picture from this ride is of a gargoyle in the queue that I've always wanted to take a picture of and finally did!  Enjoy!




Snow White's Scary Adventures





Snow White's Scary Adventures



Our final stop on this Fantasyland Friday is back at it's a small world!  The picture I have today is one I purposely took because my Mom took this exact same picture back in about 1983 (or so).  I have the picture at home and loved how it looked, so I decided to take a "newer" version of the same picture!  It's neat to have the two side by side and they both look quite the same!




Doll Parade



I hope you've enjoyed today's Fantasyland tour and I wish everyone a pleasant Spring weekend!  Please make sure you have all your belongings before you exit and step carefully out to your right! :)

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. Would love to see the picture your mom took side by side with the one you took too. Another post maybe? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happy to write another post with both of those pictures together! It's in a scrapbook currently so I'll just have to scan it in! Keep checking and I'll make sure I write a post with both of them! :)

      Delete