Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Meeting Maynard

Many Disneyland fans have either heard stories about him or have even met him personally.  He's a legendary cast member by the name of Maynard.  I had the pleasure of finally meeting him this past July and it was an unforgettable experience!


Maynard has worked at Disneyland for long time and can usually be found either around the Opera House on Main Street, as "Tiki Maynard" at the Tiki Room, or occasionally as "Maynard's Evil Twin" at the Haunted Mansion.  He's an awesome guy who's full of great stories that will make you laugh and are sure to make your day at Disneyland a little more magical!


I'd always heard stories about Maynard but had never met him until this past summer.  I've always kept an eye out for him because I wanted to meet him!  On this summer day my boyfriend and I were walking past the Tiki Room and I looked over at the cast member at the entrance greeting guests and realized it was Maynard!  I immediately ran over to talk to him and to ask if I could get my picture taken with him.  What I wasn't expecting was Maynard to pull both me and my boyfriend aside and start telling us stories!  He talked to us for a good 20+ minutes and was telling us funny stories about the different Tiki Gods in the garden and how they like to steal the Dole Whip. :)


I was laughing the whole time during Maynard's stories and am so happy I had the chance to meet him!  He really was hilarious and was so kind to take the time to talk to us.  It was a joy to meet him and I hope I get to talk to him again someday!  Before we left Maynard took a couple pictures with me and I couldn't be happier!  I laugh every time I see the crazy look on his face!





Meeting Tiki Maynard



The next time you're at the Tiki Room, Haunted Mansion, or Opera House on Main Street and see Maynard working, be sure to stop by and say hello!  He's super kind and will really add some laughs and a smile to your Disneyland day!

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture! A Maynard encounter always makes a magical Disney day complete!

    ReplyDelete