Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy 6th Birthday Expedition Everest!

Today's post comes with pictures from Walt Disney World!  Today is a special day because on this day in 2006, Expedition Everest at Disney's Animal Kingdom opened!  So, without further ado:


HAPPY BIRTHDAY EXPEDITION EVEREST!




Glory of Everest



Expedition Everest is by far my favorite ride in all of Walt Disney World, hence all the pictures you will be seeing today! :)  Next up is an on-ride photo of Expedition Everest taken at the peak of the mountain, just before you drop backwards into the mountain!  That plus a picture taken on the lift hill while riding up to the top of the mountain.




Everest Peak





Climbing the Mountain



The peak of Expedition Everest tops out at 199 feet high!  I've always thought the peak looks beautiful at sunrise, which I was lucky enough to get a couple pictures of one day at Animal Kingdom!




Everest Sunrise Silhouette





Prayer Flags and Everest in the Sunrise



Anyone who's visited Expedition Everest will know the story of the mysterious and dangerous Yeti.  The Yeti is the guardian of the "Realm of the snows" and is a creature many explorers fear.  Signs around the attraction and in the queue warn everyone of the dangerous Yeti and to remember to "Respect Tradition". If you haven't yet traveled to Expedition Everest, do make sure when you go to beware the legend of the forbidden mountain!




Beware the Yeti



Another thing I really love about Expedition Everest and the surrounding area are the beautiful prayer flags that hang and blow in the breeze!  Anytime I've seen picture of "real" ones of these I've thought they were so beautiful, so it was even a treat to see the ones at Animal Kingdom.  I just think those flags are so peaceful to look at plus they just add that extra authenticity to the area.  I made sure to get some good shots of Everest with these in the picture!




Prayers to Everest





Tales and Legends



No trip to Animal Kingdom would be complete without me getting my picture taken with my favorite ride there, so that's exactly what I did!  This pic is of my and my boyfriend Andrew right before we ran over and got in line for Expedition Everest!




The Two of Us



Finally, to conclude today's Happy Birthday post, I have a pic of Everest that makes me want to get in line for it right now!  I love pictures of the mountain with the train dropping out of it and I stood and waited to get the perfect shot of this!  This picture makes me smile every time I see it and I hope it does the same for you.  :)




Dropping out of Everest



So, to sum it all up, Happy 6th Birthday Expedition Everest and many wishes for years of roller-coaster fun to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment