Friday, April 6, 2012

Fireworks Friday - Magical

Happy Friday!


Another thing I LOVE to photograph is fireworks!  I've been trying some different styles lately to get some neat fireworks shots that I'm pretty happy with.  As always I'm working to improve the quality of my fireworks shots, but for a first try at this technique I'm happy with the results.  Another note about these photos: I did not take these with a tripod, they were completely handheld.


For those who enjoy technical camera stuff, this section is for you!  If not, please skip down to the photo :)  I took these shots using an extremely low ISO around 200 to keep them from getting fuzzy.  I also used a high F-stop around 22 so it would capture the light from the fireworks and keep the sky a dark black.  Finally, I usually set the shutter speed to "bulb" so that as long as I hold the shutter button down it keeps taking the picture.  This lets me time the shot to whichever fireworks I want so I can capture a full firework or multiple ones if I want as well.




It's Magical and Wonderful!



This picture was taken this summer during the Magical fireworks show.  This one is my favorite because of all the colors in the one firework that I caught!  I even surprised myself that I got the shot completely still even though it was handheld!  Next up is a picture from the finale of Magical.  It's a little busy and has a lot of fireworks in the shot, but I do enjoy the sparkle it has!




Magical Finale



The last photo for today I like because they have the big bright burst of light in the center of the firework!  I think that's the initial pop of light that happens right when the shell bursts before you see the rest of the firework. The white/gold sparkle above it is one of those little fireworks that crackle that just happened to go off in front of the one I was photographing.




Magical



Hope you enjoyed this fireworks Friday and I wish everyone a fantastic weekend!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment